Thursday, February 11, 2010

Theater at the Jones House

I was never one to be in a play in school or anywhere else for that matter. I left all the acting to my very talented friend Sarah.

But at last my big break...

Winter wants to play a "princess game"...she is Snow White and I am all the other characters from the story/movie. The game consists of her pretending to be the fair Snow White while I am The Queen, the evil witch, each one of the seven dwarfs, the animals in the woods, and the handsome prince. "We" are acting out the whole movie, that's the game.

Winter: Mommy can we play a princess game?
Me: Sure baby, how do we do that?
Winter: When, when I am the princess Snow White and you, you are the Queen.

Scene 1
Me: Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the fairest of them all? Tell me it is I or I shall die.
Winter: Mommy what are you doing? (while she pulls her dress on over her head.)
Me: I'm the Queen, that's what she says.
Winter: Queen you are beautiful, don't die!
Me: (kiss the girl and think to myself, I can't believe I didn't want to play this game)

Scene 2

Me: Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go. Do do do la la la hi ho hi ho hi ho.
Winter: Now go and wash your hands.
Me (grumpy): No stinkin girl is gonna make me wash up before supper.
Winter: Now run along.
Me (Doc): Come on boys, you can do it. Just scrub, scrub, scrub and bluoo bluooo (shacking the face motion.)
Winter: Dinner time!

Then we danced around the living room and she called me dopey.


Scene 3
Me: (creepy old woman voice) Red rosy apples, red rosy apples, would you like one of my delicious apples?
Winter: AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa stop it, stop it (now shaking like a leaf) I don't want to play this game, I'm scared, I not want to eat that apple. But I was so scared, I told you something again, I don't want to play that game. You trying to get me to eat that poison apple. (tears welling up in her eyes) Be my mommy not that witch. You be my mommy and you remember not that witch.
Thee End. I tried to redeem the performance and offered to move to the end ,where the prince wakes her and they live happily ever after in the castle, but no deal.

1 comment:

Justin, Shaylee, Mercedez and Sawyer said...

Ha Ha Ha!!!! I LOVE her!!! What a good mom you are to re-in-act Snow White! That's a scary witch picture