skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Put a ring on it
Cory and I often talk about couples that date forever and then may, or most often not, get married. We dated for nearly 2 years before he asked me. By Utah standards that is 10 times too long. We both knew we wanted to be together. There were just a few things that made it more complicated than just go ahead and get married. First, I was 19 when I met him. He and I both needed a little more time to be sure it was meant to be. We spent the summer apart because I went home to Virginia. I think he got all the dating he wanted to do out of his system then. Shortly after I got back he asked me to be his girlfriend. Second, I was not Mormon, I know it's shocking! He dated me, made me his girlfriend, told me he loved me, all before I joined the Church. I'm a little slow to make a commitment to things that are so life changing. I wanted to know as much as possible. Cory has always said he could see the sweetness inside me and knew I would feel it was right. Anyway, he put a ring on it and I couldn't have been happier to have him forever. I saw this awhile ago and thought I would share. It made me laugh :)
No comments:
Post a Comment