A friend of a friend had this comment on there FB page: my daughters very first cell
phone got stolen the first week she had it in 1st grade. she swore it
was in her bag, and then we started being able to see the cell records
being called. ended up being an adults number and when we started
calling it they kept hanging up on us. ridiculous. we obviously had to
shut it off and get a new one. :( 1st grade!!!
My only thought was "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING SENDING YOUR FIRST GRADER TO SCHOOL WITH A CELL PHONE DUMB A**?"
But that's just me. What do you think about children and cell phones? What is the right age to let them have one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I totally agree with you. The appropriate age for a child to have their 'own' phone is when there have a secure job that enables to pay for that phone and the monthly bill the accompanies the 'cool' little thing :) the rule in my family was and still is 18 yrs old. to say the least, the siblings are the only kids in school without one!
Am I wrong or are 1st graders only six years old? Aren't they?!
I didn't get my first phone until I was a freshman in college. And I had to pay for it myself.
I think it depends on the family's situation. Sometimes it might be important for a kid to be able to call their parents. I know in a lot elementary schools kids aren't allowed to use the school phones. I personally don't think a child should use a cell phone to text their friends until they are of dating age. Its hard to say though. If I could tell my child is really responsible and I know they won't mis-use their phones, maybe they could have a cell phone younger. I personally didn't have a cell phone until I graduated from highschool. Obviously times have changed. I have no idea what our own family will do in the future.
Oh sheesh! Ridiculous. My first thought was 16, if my child was driving because I'd want them to have a way to call safely if needed while out and about. But now I think 18 sounds better. They can borrow mine or an old school phone that can only call out for 'emergencies only' and has no internet connection or ways to receive picture texts. Kids do not need cell phones. There is absolutely no reason for it.
Cody was almost 16 and Shelby was 13. They both had to be able to pay at least the monthly bill on the family plan. But they only got them then because he was in High School doing ROTC and working,and Shelby played sports.
First grade is way to young. I would never give Kayleigh one and she is 6yrs old in Kindergarten. She knows she has to wait until she is older and needs on.
Post a Comment