Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just look at her

Lately Winter has been trying my patience. I swear she is made of grapes, because all she does is whine! I have even been pushed to the point that I called her a brat to her face. Not my proudest mommy moment, but you had to be there. She is learning that she can say "no." More than that she has learned that she can say "no" in a back talk, watch mom jump off the couch and ask her "what did you say?!" kind of way that gets her sent to her room.

While most people are worried about the teenage years, I can't wait for them. BRING IT ON! At least with a teenager you can rationally (to a point) talk to them. Not with a 3 year old. She listens, says she understands, and then does what she knows she is not supposed to right in front of me not even 2 minutes later. And I know she remembers, this girl remembers things from two years ago when I didn't even think she could make memories.

I am not complaining, just giving some insight to how Winter can be. This afternoon we went outside to bask in the only slightly cool air. In the backyard she came alive and was happier than I have seen her in awhile. She is very active and I would definitely consider her a "spirited" child. Being outside seems to release the whiny, aggravating child from her inner self and is replaced with a beautiful angel that I thank the universe for giving her to me. Looking at her through my camera lens made my heart ache knowing she was mine.

Stinker!




4 comments:

The Green Family said...

OMG! You just totally described Jaydent to a 'T'. He has not only picked up on the mis-behaving but back talk as well. Everything is 'But MOM!' I think the child could be a star defense attorney for how much he argues. And, can you say ATTITUDE!!

I too, enjoy those sweet moments when for one split second you don't have the urge to BEAT THE KID! (Yes, I said BEAT)

Jones' said...

Kimberli, I actually took out my paragraph about wanting to beat her. I think I joke about it a little too often and I was worried someone might take me seriously :)

We should get these two crazy rebels together. Should be entertaining!

The Carnahan's said...

Winter is so cute in those photos! Good job Cortney! She sounds like a handful, but I know how much you love her!

Justin, Shaylee, Mercedez and Sawyer said...

She's such a beauty! I love her! (even if you say she's whiny..:)