Friday, January 7, 2011

Conversation with Winter age 4


I love that she is holding the bowl with her feet :)



Winter: What's for lunch?
Me: What do you want for lunch?
Winter: a HOT DOG!!
Me: ok... what else do you want with it? fruit of vegetable?
Winter: a BROWNIE!!
Me: that's neither a fruit nor a vegetable
Winter: what's a fruit nor?
Me: ha ha what else to do want with your hot dog?
Winter: why is it a hot dog?
Me: what do you mean?
Winter: well, its cold right now, so it's not hot. is it dog? (I almost literally saw the light turn on in her head) MOM WHOSE DOG ARE WE EATING?!
Me: ha ha no it's not dog meat, you aren't eating anyone's dog
Winter: then what is it?
Me: pig, pork mostly, you know yummy piggy meat
Winter: does it come from their tummies?
Me: hot dogs come from all the left over parts after pork chops, bacon, sausage...
Winter: bacon comes from their bellies!
Me: how do you know that?
Winter: daddy told me
Me: your daddy sure is smart
Winter: yep he sure is...but not as smart as you mommy!

I gave her two brownies for desert :)

2 comments:

Donene said...

Love it! sp glad that you are documenting these conversations. Hey, I almost have all of the hats done, we are coming down on Sunday and I could bring them with me,

The Carnahan's said...

How cute, I love how their minds work. It's really funny how she was holding the bowl with her feet, pretty creative!